Saturday, June 30, 2007

My answers on Whipple Peeves' thread

Whipple Peeves is a fellow blogger who prompted these two questions and I am letting you see my answers.

1.) What Makes The Church The Church?

What makes the Church a Church is a gathering of people who worship God, learn about his nature and commands, and help each other through trials and struggles in their lives. That is what makes a Church. But what the church is, It is the Kingdom of God. The very kingdom God said he would establish and later justify and reconcile to him so that God may once again dwell with his most precious creation. The church is Christ's bride, in which by a bond between us and Christ we are able to come to the father. Through this Kingdom the whole world may know that Jesus loves them. I quote John 17:20-23 "My prayer is not for them alone (the disciples) I pray also for those who believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and i am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and yo in me. may the be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."


2.) What Makes A Christian A Christian

Well, the very title of Christian means to be a follower of Christ. Now that can be a very broad statement to summarize yet I think the core comes down to this, Believing in your heart and confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord. If you truly believe in your heart then you will be in a continuous state of discipleship where Jesus the Christ is your rabbi and as Rob Bell says (creator of the devotional nooma videos) "every great disciple wants to be like their Rabbi. To many people only confess with their mouth to be Christians yet live against everything he taught. That is where the continual confession comes in. Through works and acts your faith can be seen and judged and if a bad vine doesn't produce fruit then it is cut down and thrown in the fire proving that it was never a true or good disciple to begin with. When reading Romans 10:9 to many people take being a Christian for granted and think it easy. What really happened is they failed to read the first ten chapters that describe and lead up to that very statement. The real test of Christianity if found in Romans 1:17 where it says; "the righteous will live by faith." To me submitting your will and life to Jesus is the real Christian. Be like THE Rabbi!

To give your own thoughts on this thread go to http://www.whipplesfaith.blogspot.com/

No comments: